Thursday, February 8, 2018

Since retiring from my day job in November, I have been pretty busy with projects I had planned but never had time to get around to before.  Of course, many were things that needed done around the house or in the shop.  I still need to reorganize the shop as my son is now working with me making knives and doing most of the forge work.  It's great to have him but it gets crowded in there at times.  I need to get a new bench made so we can stop running into each other.

One of the projects I have worked on is a new hunting pouch/horn set.  Here it is matched with my hunting rifle.



Here is just the pouch.


The pouch is bark tanned leather, linen lined sewn with waxed linen thread.  It measures 8 inches wide by 9 inches long.  It is tanned dark brown not dyed has a Kris Polizzi strap attached with two forged rings.  A 50 grain powder measure is attached.

The F&I horn measures 13 inches around the outside curve with a maple plug and pine stopper.


A better look.




No comments:

Post a Comment