Wednesday, February 26, 2020

My hunting rifle. Did a good job for me this year helping to fill my freezer with venison.  It is a 50 caliber 42 inch oct. barrel in a nice dark stained curly maple stock. It has a Chambers Early Ketland lock, and forged wrought iron trigger guard and butt plate. It has a steel captured lid Woodbury style patchbox from one of H. House's templates. I plan to made another with a lighter stain this summer perhaps in a 54 caliber barrel.






I picked up three nice curly sugar maple stocks this winter and am looking forward to making a series of rifles along this style.  One with a bigger bore and lighter stain. one with an oct/rnd barrel and one oct/rnd smooth bore. Not sure what stain I will use on the latter two.  Want to see how the lighter stain ens up.

1 comment:

  1. The Le_Meridian Funding Service went above and beyond their requirements to assist me with my loan which i used expand my pharmacy business,They were friendly, professional, and absolute gems to work with.I will recommend  anyone looking for loan to contact. Email..lfdsloans@lemeridianfds.com  Or lfdsloans@outlook.com.WhatsApp ... + 19893943740.

    ReplyDelete