Tuesday, February 4, 2020

I have a group of powder horns for sale.  Lately I have been listing on Facebook but the confusion over what is permitted there takes to much time to decipher for what little business it brings in so I am going to get out of that space and start listing here.

With that in mind here are the horns.


This horn is a left carry, about 13 inches along the outside curve.A French and Indian War horn it has a 3 inch turned walnut plug with a forged staple. The spout plug is whittled out of an oak.  The horn is finished with iron nitrate and waxed.  It is lightly antiqued.


I have copied much of the engraving from a horn by the Folksy Artist shown on Mel Hankla's American Historical Services website.


I am asking $200 for this horn.



This is a heavily antiqued western PA F&I right carry horn, 13 1/2 inches around the outside curve, with a plain flat 3 inch maple butt plug ans forged staple. The spout plug is whittled out of walnut. It has a small map of the early Fort Pitt area with Logstown, Redstone and other environs. Finished with iron nitrate and dirtied up with black tempera paint, varnished and waxed to pull back the scum a bit.  Could be brought back more with paste wax and rough cloth if desired.


I am asking $175b for this horn.

I have made another Southern banded horn this year and am offering it for sale before the reenacting season starts.


This right carry horn is 13 inches around the double twist, with a 2 3/4 inch walnut buttplug, a turned antler spout and whittled walnut spout plug. It has three horn bands pinned with maple pins and glued. I finished with varnish and a bit of black tempera paint before rubbing it back some.


 I am asking $150 for this horn

No comments:

Post a Comment