Sunday, July 7, 2019

I really like this pouch.  It is a dainty thing, about 5 inches by 6 inches, made from dark brown stained bark tanned groundhog hide.  I have one just like this I made for myself that I take out when I hunt squirrels.  Big enough to carry some lead balls and patches, a turnscrew, a vent pick and a spare flint or two.  The antique horn on this one is a day horn at best and will carry enough powder for a dozen shots or so, measuring 6 inches around the outside curve.  The pillow ticking strap was dyed with onion skins giving it a yellow color somewhat indicating the bedding might have been well worn and not exactly clean before it became the strap.  This set would make a nice companion for your squirrel rifle or a ladies/boys set.  I am asking $250.




No comments:

Post a Comment